Despite the UK dipping into another recession, its wealthiest 1,000 people have become even richer over the past year, according to latest figures.
Bucking the economic downturn and record unemployment, the super-rich have so far enjoyed a great 2012, with the combined wealth of the richest 1,000 now standing at a record £414.26 billion, up 4.7 per cent.
The previous high of £412.85 billion in 2008 was set months before the financial crash from which the rest of Britain has yet to fully recover.
There are 77 billionaires in the 2012 rich list this year, two more than the previous record of 75 in 2008.
The threshold to be among the 1,000 richest people in Britain rose by £2 million on last year - with individuals needing at least £72 milon to make the list.
The figures were released in the annual Rich List from The Sunday Times.
1. Lakshmi Mittal and family - £12.7bn
2. Alisher Usmanov - £12.3bn
3. Roman Abramovich - £9.5bn
4. Sri and Gopi Hinduja - £8.6bn
5. Leonard Blavatnik - £7.58bn
6. Ernesto and Kirsty Bertarelli - £7.4bn
7. The Duke of Westminster - £7.35bn
8. David and Simon Reuben - £7.08bn
9. John Fredriksen and family - £6.6bn
10.Galen and George Weston and family - £5.9bn More...